Candle Safety & Care
- Before lighting, always trim the wick to approximatly 6mm and remove any wick debris. This assists with even burning and a good scent throw.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Ideal burn time is between 2 to 4 hours.
- Never burn a candle for longer than 4 hours at a time.
- After the maximum recommended burn time, extinguish your candle and let the wax cool, so you can trim the wick and relight.
- Do not position candles or diffusers on or near TV cabinets, electrical items or sources of heat.
- Under no circumstances should any product that generates flame, fragrance or heat be placed directly onto antique, valuable or highly polished furniture.
- A draught can cause a candle to smoke. Avoid burning candles in draughty areas.
- Do not burn candles completely. Discard them once they have burnt to 2cm from the bottom of the jar/maxi-cup.
- Glass and maxi-cup container candles may become hot. Handle with care and wait for the wax to set and cool before moving.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Never move a burning candle.
- A burning candle may generate significant heat, so always position well away from combustible materials.
- Replace lid after the wax has cooled when not in use.
- Candles are sensitive to temperature and light. Avoid candles from fading, discolouring, cracking or melting, by storing your candles in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, dust and fluorescent light.
- Always store your candles in an upright position and don’t leave your candles in the car on a warm day, as soy wax has a very low melting point.
- It is recommended to turn your diffuser reed sticks weekly, to keep the fragrance permeating through the room.
- Diffuser base and fragrance may damage some surfaces such as wood, soft plastics, varnished surfaces, and some other surfaces.
- For car diffusers, liquid may absorb into the rope and past the wooden bead. If your diffuser is hanging, be aware of this and what it is hanging on.
- Ensuring the car diffuser lid is on tightly, carefully tip the diffuser upside down to keep the fragrance permeating through the car. Whilst doing this, ensure the diffuser is not over any property in case it is not sealed properly.
- Wipe any diffuser spills up immediately.
- Failure to follow instructions could result in injury or fire, so please take care.
All Glitterscents products are used at your own risk.
By following these instructions we are confident that you will get the most enjoyment from your Glitterscents purchase.
Glitterscents does not accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of the misuse of its products.